[council] Re: Letter from the NGPC Chair

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri May 16 16:44:35 UTC 2014

Hi James and everyone ­ as they stand currently, the GNSO Operating
Procedures specify that an individual Councilor must provide an explanation
for an abstention on a vote, and may do so for either a Yes or No vote. Any
such explanation has to be recorded in the minutes of that meeting, and
draft minutes are to be produced within 8 days of a meeting. Following the
Chair and Vice-Chairs¹ initial vetting of the draft, Councilors may then
approve or object to the minutes prior to their posting.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong