[council] Motions for SCI recommendation

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Sun Nov 2 14:53:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

Two things:

1. The link to the language the SCI proposed on waiver of the 10-day rule for submission of motions doesn’t seem to be working.

2. I’m suggesting an amendment to the motion; specifically to “Whereas #3”. I believe this to be a friendly amendment, as I’m under the impression it is consistent with the SCI’s intentions for a recommended change to the operating procedures.

The proposed waiver of the 10-day deadline for submission of a motion in section 3.3 of the operating procedures will not apply to the deadline for resubmitting motions as outlined in sections 4.3.3 and 4.3.4. I believe the distinction should be made clear in the council motion we will be voting on. When dealing with nuances and modifications to process, these subtleties should leave as little doubt as possible to their meaning to avoid any confusion that will lead to the need for further revisions.

I’ve attached the proposed amendment to this email, and pasted the amended language below.

> "The SCI developed language to be inserted in Section 3.3 (Notice of Meetings) of the GNSO Operating Procedures that provide for a waiver of the prescribed deadline for the submission of a new motion for voting by the GNSO Council in certain circumstances provided certain specified criteria are met. This waiver will not, however, apply to resubmission of a motion pursuant to the requirements, limitations and exceptions of resubmitting a motion in sections 4.3.3 and 4.3.4 of the GNSO Operating Procedures."

Thanks.

Amr