[council] Flow chart - gTLD Registration Services PDP

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Oct 2 19:09:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the reminder.

BTW, these should probably be mentioned on the GNSO Operating procedures
page and on the GNSO council resources wiki page.  While I have no
excuse and should have remembered them since I was part of the team that
made the recommendations, others might not recall it either.

In re-reading this pdf I notice that it says:

> Proposed implementation : The GNSO PDP Manual foresees that ‘Upon
> initiation of the PDP, a group formed at the direction of Council
> should be convened to draft the charter for the PDP Team’. Applying
> the suggested approach would not contravene the GNSO PDP Manual. As
> a result, should there be support from the GNSO Council to try out
> this approach, it may be instructive to do it for the next PDP as a
> “trial run”, and if over time the Council believes that this approach
> is helpful, it could be formalized in the GNSO PDP Manual as one of
> the other alternatives that could be explored for the development of
> a PDP WG Charter

I see that at least the IGO/INGO Curative Rights Protection for
IGO/INGOs has pilot tested this approach.  If this PDP process loops
back and reissues the Preliminary issues report, it does appear possible
to repeat this experiment even though this is a pre-existing PDP.

BTW, I am sure I am missing it, but when did the council agree on this
experiment occur.  Looking through
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/resolutions> I don't see it.  Neither
do it see it mentioned in the minutes of 23 Jan.  But with my track
record today*, as I said, I am sure I am missing it and/or forgetting
something.

I guess this whole discussion is fodder for John's collection of issues
for the informal group of GNSO & Board types that will discuss the way
forward for this PDP.

Thanks again,

avri

* (misidentifying which preliminary report included rights impact
analyses and forgetting the charter approach experiment)

On 02-Oct-14 09:49, Marika Konings wrote:
> Hi Avri,
>
> As part of the PDP Improvements (see
> http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/pdp-improvements-table-16jan14-en.pdf),

the Council agreed to 'Include draft Charter as standard element in