[council] Motion to Adopt IRTP-D Final Report
James M. Bladel
jbladel at godaddy.com
Fri Oct 3 13:57:10 UTC 2014
In preparation for our next meeting in Los Angeles, I would like to formally introduce the motion (below) to adopt the Final Report and Recommendations of the IRTP Part D PDP (IRTP-D) Working Group.
I am also seeking a second for this motion. Please let me know if you have questions or need additional info.
Motion on the Adoption of the IRTP Part D Final Report and Recommendations
1. On 17 January 2013, the GNSO Council launched a Policy Development Process (PDP) on IRTP Part D [http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/resolutions - 201301<http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/resolutions#201301>] addressing the following six Charter questions:
a) Whether reporting requirements for registries and dispute providers should be developed, in order to make precedent and trend information available to the community and allow reference to past cases in dispute submissions;
b) Whether additional provisions should be included in the TDRP (Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy) on how to handle disputes when multiple transfers have occurred;
c) Whether dispute options for registrants should be developed and implemented as part of the policy (registrants currently depend on registrars to initiate a dispute on their behalf);
d) Whether requirements or best practices should be put into place for registrars to make information on transfer dispute resolution options available to registrant;
e) Whether existing penalties for policy violations are sufficient or if additional provisions/penalties for specific violations should be added into the policy;
f) Whether the universal adoption and implementation of EPP AuthInfo codes has eliminated the need of FOAs.
2. This PDP has followed the prescribed PDP steps as stated in the Bylaws, resulting in a Final Report delivered on 25 September 2014;
3. The IRTP Part D WG has reached full consensus on the 18 recommendations in relation to the six issues outlined above;
4. The GNSO Council has reviewed and discussed these recommendations.
Now therefore be it resolved,
1. The GNSO Council recommends to the ICANN Board of Directors the adoption of the IRTP Part D recommendations (#1 to #18) as detailed in the IRTP Part D Final Report [http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/transfers/irtp-d-final-25sep14-en.pdf].
2. The GNSO Council shall convene an IRTP Part D Implementation Review Team to assist ICANN Staff in developing the implementation details for the new policy should it be approved by the ICANN Board. The Implementation Review Team will be tasked with evaluating the proposed implementation of the policy recommendations as approved by the Board and is expected to work with ICANN Staff to ensure that the resultant implementation fulfils the intentions of the approved policies. If the IRTP Part D Implementation Review Team identifies any potential modifications to the policy or new policy recommendations, the IRTP Part D Implementation Review Team shall refer these to the GNSO Council for its consideration and follow-up, as appropriate. Following adoption by the ICANN Board of the recommendations, the GNSO Secretariat is authorized to issue a call for volunteers for an IRTP Part D Implementation Review Team to the members of the IRTP Part D Working Group.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council