[council] Summary of GAC Communique advice on IGO & Red Cross protections; mentions of GNSO work on Whois

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Thu Oct 16 22:40:15 UTC 2014

My personal opinion is that we also are free to ignore the GAC advice entirely, as the advice is directed to the Board. We can and should offer GNSO policy advice on whatever track we believe is best, and then the Board can decide what to do with it.

And if recent history is any judge, the Board will send our work back to us unless/until it aligns with the GAC initial position.

Thank you,

J.
James Bladel
GoDaddy