[council] SCI motions

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Apr 7 23:29:06 UTC 2015

Hello everyone, and with thanks to Avri and Amr not just for the motions but
also for their work on the SCI!

This is just a note to state that, for items on the consent agenda, no vote
will be necessary ­ any items needing approval will be passed unless a
Councilor objects, in which case that item will then be placed on the main
agenda for further discussion and, where applicable, a vote. As such,
Councilors are requested to review the two templates outlining the two
possible referral requests to the SCI that were sent around before the last
Council meeting (see http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/drafts for the
relevant links dated 5 March 2015). If you wish to question or discuss
either template, you will therefore have to ask that it be taken off the
consent agenda (note that this can be done at the meeting itself when the
consent agenda comes up).

Should that occur, the motions that Avri submitted and that Amr seconded
will then be considered to have been submitted within the prescribed time
frame for motions. At that time, they will then be considered and discussed
with a view toward conducting an actual vote on both.

I hope this clarifies matters.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong