Clarification (Re: [council] SCI motions)

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Apr 8 11:28:14 UTC 2015

Hello all, I should have made it clear that on the voting question, the
Chair will call for a vote to adopt the item(s) on the consent agenda;
however, this is not the same type of voting as would be the case for a
³regular² motion on the main agenda, where there will be an opportunity to
discuss, abstain or vote against. As such, the main point of my message
remains the same ­ if there is a need for discussion, questions and/or a
wish to register a vote against an item, the process is to request that the
item be removed from the consent agenda.

Sorry if in trying to clarify matters I made things even murkier, and thanks
to Jonathan and Marika for the reminders!

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director