[council] - Preliminary Issue Report - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Mon Aug 24 20:41:06 UTC 2015

Jonathan and GNSO Councillors,

I¹d like to include some additional information that may further the
discussion.

In regards to bullets 1 and 2, in strictly adhering to timelines in the PDP
Manual, publishing 31 August was the only scenario that allowed for the
possibility of considering the Final Issue Report in November. However, that
represented a best case scenario and could be affected by substantial public
comment and/or changes to the report that may require more than the default
30 days. To the extent that the public comment summary/analysis and edits to
the Final Issue Report are achievable in 30 days, that work would very
likely be achievable in the 27 days that would result from a publication
date of 3 September, 40 day public comment period, and delivery of the Final
Issue Report on 9 November. In other words, publishing on 3 September would
not necessarily prevent a November Council deliberation date.

That said, if the Council prefers that the report be published on 31 August,
staff is prepared to support that direction.

Best,
Steve