[council] - Preliminary Issue Report - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Mon Aug 24 19:38:49 UTC 2015

Steve and GNSO Councillors,

It seems to me that we need to think about a three points here:

1.      Do we publish 31st August i.e. ahead of the forthcoming council
meeting and such that we can deal with this at the 19 November meeting as
per option 1 below OR

2.      Do we publish 3rd September and, if so, does that necessarily mean
we miss dealing with it on 19 November?

3.      Regardless of 31 August or 3rd September, do we think that a public
comment period of more than the now standard 40 day period is necessary?

Note: My  personal opinion is that it would be OK to publish with a 40 day
comment period and then extend if that was felt to be important / necessary
and that this will not be confusing.

Thoughts / input will be helpful, especially if we are to publish the report
by 31 August.

Thanks,

Jonathan