[council] Motion to Adopt the Recommendations of the GNSO Translation and Transliteration PDP WG

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Fri Jun 12 22:34:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have another motion I’m submitting to the GNSO Council in preparation for the Council meeting that will be taking place in Buenos Aires. This one concerns the adoption of the GNSO Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG’s final report and recommendations.

I’ve attached a copy of the motion to this email as well as a clean copy of the PDP WG's final report and a redline version showing the changes made to the initial report.

The initial report is posted on the GNSO website here: http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/gtlds/transliteration-contact-initial-15dec14-en.pdf

The final report is posted on the GNSO website here: http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/gtlds/translation-transliteration-contact-final-12jun15-en.pdf

Also worth noting that the GNSO Council is scheduled to receive an update about the final report from the PDP working group co-chairs — Chris Dillon and Rudi Vansnick in BA on Saturday, June 20th at 14:30 (local BA time) as part of the GNSO weekend working sessions.

Thanks.

Amr