[council] Comment on behalf of ICANN GNSO Council

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Mon May 4 11:30:48 UTC 2015

Hello Amr,

>>   According to this announcement (https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-05-01-en), the Board approved ICANN's five-year operating plan on the day the public comment period for the FY-16 operating plan and budget closed. Is the FY-16 operating plan and budget's approval process by the board included in the wider context of the five-year operating plan, or will this be done separately? I ask because the annual operating plans and budgets are included in the five-year operating plan's

The five year plan is intended to set a 5 year high-level  projection of the budget.

The board hasn't approved the FY-16 operation plan and budget - this is subject to public comment.   IF there are material changes to the FY-16 budget  that affect the 5 year plan - then the 5 year plan will be updated.

Regards
Bruce Tonkin