[council] SSAC Update: ICANN56 Helsinki

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Sun Jun 19 14:24:56 UTC 2016

Council Colleagues -

Recalling our conversation from last month, there was general agreement to take a fresh look at how we interact with the SSAC.  While stopping short of appointing standing GNSO/SSAC Liaison, we agreed that their updates were valuable, and could be improved by providing materials (slides) in advance, and coming to meetings with specific topics and questions prepared.

Although the Helsinki "Meeting B" format doesn't allow for a dedicated update from SSAC, the chair of that group (Patrik Fältström) has provided his report of ongoing SSAC activities (attached).  Please review, discuss, and let me know by Thursday (23 JUN) if there are any issues or questions that we'd like to raise on behalf of the Council.  I'll deliver these to Patrik for his group to discuss and respond in Helsinki.

Thank you,

J.

James Bladel