[council] Next Steps: IAG Report, and WHOIS Conflicts with local law

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Fri Oct 7 16:19:06 UTC 2016

Councilors –

Having now considered --and withdrawn-- two separate motions on this topic, it is clear that we need to regroup, reassess, and consider our path(s) forward.

Per the discussion on our 30 SEP call, I would like to convene a group of interested Councilors to kick off discussions and present options. For context, please see the attached Overview document prepared by Staff.  This summary is intended to provide backgrounds, and kick start ideas for resolution, but by no means is it meant to serve as an exhaustive list.

I’m hopeful this group can work together to reconcile the diverse opinions on this issue, and come back to Council one or more motions that have sufficient support to pass.

Thank you,

J.