[council] Next Steps: IAG Report, and WHOIS Conflicts with local law

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 7 16:34:41 UTC 2016

Thanks for this.  I see no mention of my motion, which basically
confirmed my position (and that of NCSG, whose submission missed the
deadline) that the policy was fundamentally flawed.  I recognize noone
wants another PDP but Council could also take the position that the
policy needs to be revisited, and request a charter.  Seems logical if
it has never been used in a decade.  Anyway, I would submit that such a
document should mention the fact that there were minority views in the
IAG that the policy itself has flaws which demand a fix.

Stephanie Perrin