[council] FOR REVIEW/DISCUSSION: Letter from IGO representatives

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Oct 31 21:06:41 UTC 2016

Dear Couhncilors,

Please find attached a letter that was received earlier today, sent to Council Chairs James, Donna and Heather by legal counsel from various IGOs who have been representing the broader coalition of IGOs that had sought protections for their names and acronyms in the domain name system. Also attached is a July 2016 memorandum prepared by IGO representatives who had attended the GNSO’s IGO-INGO Curative Rights PDP Working Group meeting at ICANN56 in Helsinki – this memo was sent to the Working Group for its discussion upon its initial receipt.

We will post the IGO counsels’ letter to the GNSO correspondence page as soon as we can. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director