[council] Fwd: [Soac-infoalert] Joint Note to Community Leaders about Recent Public Comment Improvements

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Tue Sep 13 21:29:27 UTC 2016

Councilors-

Please see below for an announcement regarding Public Comments.

Sent via iPhone. Blame Siri.

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Olive <david.olive at icann.org<mailto:david.olive at icann.org>>
Date: September 13, 2016 at 12:47:36
Subject: [Soac-infoalert] Joint Note to Community Leaders about Recent Public Comment Improvements

Dear Community Leaders:
At ICANN55 in Marrakech, we received feedback during a public forum session about the public comment process at ICANN. Specifically, the speakers expressed concerns about the multitude of public comment requests and other ICANN calls to action. Requesting opinions from the community is an essential part of the multistakeholder process, and we recognize the importance of ensuring that this is an easy-to-use and streamlined process.

As a result, our teams discussed this issue and subsequently created a single page that lists all opportunities for the community to provide feedback on open calls-to-action including activities that fall outside of typical public comment proceedings. This page is now live. It is also accessible from the main banner at the top of the public comment page. We encourage you to share this added functionality with your communities.
The Global Domains Division will maintain this new page, and the Policy Development Support Team will continue to manage the public comment process including the opening and closing of proceedings, posting of summary reports, and updating the 'upcoming public comment proceedings' page. Public comment is an integral part of the policy development process and an important component in organizational and governance matters at ICANN as well as implementation and operational aspects of our work.
We hope that consolidating all calls for community input proves useful. We are also exploring ways to further improve the user experience for everyone participating in the public comment process and will keep you informed of our progress. If you have questions or comments, please contact public-comment at icann.org<mailto:public-comment at icann.org>. We look forward to your feedback.
Best regards,
Akram Atallah and David Olive

David A. Olive
Senior Vice President | Policy Development Support
General Manager | ICANN Regional Headquarters | Istanbul
david.olive at icann.org<mailto:david.olive at icann.org>

ICANN | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers  | Hakki Yeten Caddesi | Selenium Plaza |  No:10/C K:10 | 34349 | Fulya | Besiktas | Istanbul