[council] FW: ccNSO position: CCWG on Country and Territory Names

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 03:32:56 UTC 2017

Hi Rafik, all,

My understanding of point 2 assumes that the ccNSO has interpreted the
CWG's recommendations consistently with the way they are expressed by the
CWG. If so, then the intention here is that the community come together
(GAC, GNSO, ccNSO, ALAC) on a single effort, rather than the separate
efforts (including the CWG itself and the GAC WG) operating independently,
in silos. The GNSO PDP has made great strides here to provide this
all-inclusive effort with the creation of a new work track 5, and I
personally agree with the ccNSO that it is not helpful to have the GAC WG
running in parallel to/overlappingwith the PDP.

If that's as clear as mud, let me know and I'll try again!

Best wishes,

Heather