[council] Draft GNSO Block Schedule for ICANN58
Donna.Austin at neustar.biz
Tue Feb 14 17:54:05 UTC 2017
Thanks Mary, this is very helpful.
You had a question about whether the GNSO Informal Prep Session should remain closed. I have a preference that it does remain closed; however, we could consider inviting the Chairs/Vice Chairs of the respective SGs and Cs to attend if they wish to do so.
I’m concerned that if we open this session up more widely to the community then we will lose any benefit we hope to get from the Informal Session. I would also add that as a group, the Council does not get too many opportunities to meet as just us, so I actually think there is benefit beyond the purpose of the session in that we do get to know each other a little better as well.
From: council-bounces at gnso.icann.org [mailto:council-bounces at gnso.icann.org] On Behalf Of Mary Wong
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 4:41 PM
To: council at gnso.icann.org
Subject: [council] UPDATED: Draft GNSO Block Schedule for ICANN58
Please find attached an updated draft GNSO Block Schedule for ICANN58. While we anticipate that there may be more tweaks here and there as the Meetings Team works toward a final schedule for publication, those updates are more likely than not to relate only to start/end times, room allocations and the like. Please use this version 3.5 (dated 12 February 2017) for your and your groups’ planning purposes, including for the Council meeting later this week, as this version shows the latest changes.
Here are a few additional notes for your information:
· Day 1 (Saturday 11 March) will see three PDP Working Group face-to-face meetings. Due to the tight scheduling, some overlap and conflict was unavoidable (as is the case with the overall schedule).
· The two sessions for the GAC-GNSO facilitated discussion on Red Cross and IGOs are currently scheduled for Saturday 11 March morning (07.30 – 09.30) and Sunday 12 March evening (18.30 – 20.30). As these are additional sessions on top of the “normal” GAC and GNSO meetings, and given the scheduling for the two groups and the Board, these were the only times which were available.
· Day 2 (Sunday 12 March) is the only full-day GNSO Working Session – at the Council chairs’ direction, staff will be requesting all groups who are scheduled for that day to focus on their top issues for discussion (and not give status updates).
· On Day 3, a session for a discussion with Data Protection Commissioners has now been scheduled, for the afternoon.
· Day 5 (Wednesday 15 March) will see the “usual” Working Group open sessions, IRT meetings and the GNSO Council Public Meeting – please note that this is currently scheduled to run for 2 hours from 11.00-13.00.
· Day 6 (Thursday 16 March) has the GNSO Wrap Up scheduled for 11.00 – 12.30.
Thanks and cheers
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council