[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting on 15 December 2016

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Jan 4 08:39:52 UTC 2017

Dear Councillors,
Please find the action items, below and as attachment, arising from the GNSO Council meeting on 15 December 2016. Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council meeting before the break and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.  The next GNSO Council meeting is on the 19 January 2017.

15 December 2016

Item 3. Consent Agenda


·       Passed (vote in favor by all present, with one absentee)

3.1 Confirmation of Appointment of GNSO Members and GNSO Co-Chair to the New Cross Community Working Group for New gTLD Auction Proceeds

Action items:

·       Jonathan Robinson (appointed as GNSO-co-chair) and appointed GNSO Members Tony Harris (CSG), Jon Nevett (RySG), Eliot Noss (RrSG) and Stephanie Perrin (NCSG) requested to keep GNSO community updated on progress and seek community input regularly

·       GNSO community members encouraged to join as Observers or Participants

3.2 – Confirmation of Council response to ICANN Board letter regarding policy implications of the Final Report of the Internationalized Registration Data (IRD) Expert Working Group

Action items:

·       Letter to be transmitted to ICANN Board (DONE)

Item 4. COUNCIL VOTE – GNSO Council Response to the Board on gTLD Policy Matters related to the GAC Communique from Hyderabad

Voting result:

·       Passed (vote in favor by all present, with one absentee)

Action items:

·       GNSO Council response to be transmitted to ICANN Board (DONE)

·       GNSO Council Chair to inform GAC Chair and GAC-GNSO Consultation Group of the communication (DONE)

Item 5. COUNCIL VOTE – Adoption of Proposed Implementation Plan for Recommendations relating to the 2014 GNSO Review

Voting result:

·       Passed unanimously

Action items:

·       Staff to transmit Implementation Plan to ICANN Board (DONE)

·       Following Board approval of the Implementation Plan, GNSO Review Working Group to execute and oversee the implementation, provide the GNSO Council with regular status updates (at a minimum prior to every ICANN meeting), and identify any concerns for which further guidance may be needed

Item 6. COUNCIL DISCUSSION – GNSO Council Response to Proposed Scope of the Forthcoming Registration Directory Services (RDS) Review (formerly the Whois Review)

Action items:

·       Councilors to provide input (including from SG/Cs) to Council mailing list by Wednesday 21 December

·       Councilors to finalize discussions on the mailing list by close of business Los Angeles time on Thursday 22 December

·       Policy Staff to send Council response to Review Team support staff on Friday 23 December

(NOTE: Deadline for appointing volunteers has been pushed to mid-January 2017)

Item 7. COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Proposal for a Uniform Selection of GNSO Representatives to Future Review Teams, and Selection of GNSO Representatives to the Second Security, Stability & Resiliency Review Team

Action items:

·       Small team comprising GNSO Council leadership, Susan Kawaguchi and Ed Morris (or Ed’s alternate) to meet to come up with proposed way forward by Friday 23 December, and to meet again in the first week of January to discuss candidates

·       Small team to propose selected slate of GNSO representatives to the Council by 9 January

·       Council to finalize appointment of GNSO representatives at the Council meeting of 19 January

Item 8: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Planning for ICANN58

Action items:

·       Council to finalize proposed block schedule for GNSO sessions (IN PROCESS)

·       Council to work with SG/C leaders to consider SG/C requests for meeting slots in view of the block GNSO schedule, prior to sending block schedule back to ICANN Meetings Team

(NOTE: Typical list of SG/C meeting requests has been shared with GNSO Council leadership for background information)

Item 9: ANY OTHER BUSINESS (10 minutes)

Please let me know if I missed anything or if you have questions.

Thank you.

Kind regards,



Nathalie Peregrine
Specialist, SOAC Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine at icann.org <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org>
Skype: nathalie.peregrine.icann

Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DgMF-g&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=YXXgWMx7AnEsK0bIjCRJ20RWD6FrJ7eshz4ee3BoCuw&s=z012pgyZrR1-Hdltx67AUtBaeooNRaHBDVfbgPe9pt8&e=>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20170104/940c1020/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Action items and voting results from GNSO Council meeting of 15 Dec 2016[2].docx
Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
Size: 25838 bytes
Desc: Action items and voting results from GNSO Council meeting of 15 Dec 2016[2].docx
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20170104/940c1020/ActionitemsandvotingresultsfromGNSOCouncilmeetingof15Dec20162.docx>

More information about the council mailing list