[council] FOR INFORMATION & DISTRIBUTION: IGO-INGO Curative Rights PDP Initial Report now open for public comment

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Wed Jan 25 01:08:49 UTC 2017

Thank you Mary for distributing this to Council.

As Co-Chair of this WG I am very proud of the quality of this draft report and recommendations, which reflects the combined efforts over two years of all WG members, as well as excellent policy staff support and a collaborative working relationship with my Co-Chair Petter Rindforth.

This 107 page report is a very serious and well-honed effort. You will note that the main text is supported by 69 footnotes, that there are many additional footnotes in the supporting materials, and that Professor Swaine's 31-page legal memo -- which was the foundation for our decisions on whether to create a separate CRP for IGOs, as well as how to handle potential appeals to a national court -- is supported by an additional 115 footnotes.

We will of course give full consideration to all comments received on the draft. However, given the time and effort that have gone into this, I will personally be reluctant to make significant modifications unless it can be demonstrated that we have omitted or misinterpreted relevant facts and law.

Best to all, Philip

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal

Virtualaw LLC

1155 F Street, NW