[council] (DRAFT) ICANN60 Schedule - GNSO

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Wed Jul 19 15:07:00 UTC 2017

Councilors -

Please find attached for your review the draft GNSO schedule for ICANN60 as shared during our call last week.

A few notes with regards to this initial draft:

• This draft factors in the initial requests received from the different GNSO PDP Working Groups and other efforts (CCWG-AP, GNSO Review WG, IRTs).

• Further changes may need to be made depending on the # of cross-community topics chosen by the SO/AC Planning Committee. There are currently three slots allocated for cross-community discussion topics on Monday but if there are more than three topics selected, they would likely be scheduled for Thursday which would mean the current draft GNSO  schedule would need to be adjusted. As a reminder, the deadline for submission of cross-community discussion topics is Friday 21 July (see <https://icann.wufoo.com/forms/icann60-cross-community-topic-submission-form/> icann.wufoo.com/forms/icann60-cross-community-topic-submission-form/).

• Based on the input from the SO/AC Planning Committee at ICANN59, further changes may be made to the block schedule, in particular for Monday.

• The GNSO Council leadership is aware of additional requests of some PDP WGs as well as some IRTs, however, these can only be scheduled once once we nail down the number and dates of Cross Community Discussion sessions.

• GNSO SG/C are requested to factor this schedule into the planning for their respective meetings, noting the points outlined in this message, to avoid conflicts as much as possible. Note that currently additional time is available for SG/C meetings on Friday (last day of the meeting). However, if further adjustments need to be made, it is possible that part of Friday would also be used to accommodate PDP WG F2F meetings.

• As a reminder, meetings need to be scheduled within the designated time blocks on the block schedule. Lunch meetings are only possible between 12:15 and 13:15.

Staff, the co-chairs, and I are looking to finalise the GNSO schedule as soon as possible to facilitate planning for all involved, but is dependent on some of the issues outlined here being clarified. A few items are still in flux, but we wanted to share it with you ASAP, even in this early state.

Please Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thank you,

J.
James Bladel
GNSO Chair