[council] GAC Liaison Announcement

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Fri Jul 21 16:08:02 UTC 2017

Councilors –

Unfortunately, Carlos has informed me that he will be stepping down after ICANN60 Abu Dhabi, and not seeking another term as our Liaison to the GAC.  On behalf of Heather, Donna and myself, please join us in thanking Carlos for his work over the past year. We wish him well in his next role and challenge!

I have asked Susan to convene the Standing Selection Committee (SSC) to begin the process of calling for volunteers and recommending a suitable replacement.  Using last year’s schedule as a guide, this call for volunteers will probably be open until early September, so keep an eye out for that announcement.

Thank you,

J.
James Bladel
GNSO Chair