[council] DOODLE to finalise updated GNSO Review of the GAC Communique

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 12:53:52 UTC 2017

Dear Council colleagues,

We have reached a point of near finalization of the GNSO Response to the
GAC Johannesburg Communique. The one outstanding item amongst the members
of the revision team is the text relating to geographic names. You'll see
this text in the attached draft as Option A and Option B.

For our input to reach the Board in time for its meeting with the GAC in
the week of 14 August, we cannot push this out to the next Council meeting
in late August. For our response to be timely and effective, we need a
Communique Response that we can agree on in full before it goes to
electronic vote.

We had scheduled an electronic Council vote to open this Thursday, but we
don't yet have a final text to vote on. Hence I propose we delay the
electronic vote to open next Monday to give us all time to consider and
take instructions (if appropriate) on Option A and B.

To help us get to final, votable text, please could you review the attached
and complete the Doodle to express support for either Option A or B on geo
names.

*Doodle:* https://icannorg.doodle.com/poll/yqdx3g5gdfi5uz2t

*Timeline*:

   - Monday, 24 July: Doodle (to select Option A or B on geo names text)
   opens
   - Friday, 28 July: Doodle closes
   - Monday, 31 July: Electronic vote on Council motion approving the GNSO
   Response to GAC Joburg Communique (including preferred Option A or B) opens
   - Friday, 4 August: Electronic vote closes
   - Monday, 7 August: GNSO Response to GAC Communique transmitted to Board

Many thanks to Marika and the Secretariat team for helping to coordinate
both the Doodle and e-vote in such a tight timeframe. Also noting that
James and Donna are both away today, so I'm on point to shepherd this
through.

Best wishes to all,

Heather