[council] [EXTERNAL] Re: DOODLE to finalise updated GNSO Review of the GAC Communique

Austin, Donna Donna.Austin at team.neustar
Mon Jul 31 15:55:15 UTC 2017

Hi Rafik

Our response needs to respond to the suggestion in the restated GAC advice that certain geographic TLDs should only be addressed through a ccNSO PDP. I think it’s important that our response reflect that while the ccNSO could have initiated a PDP on country and territory names, they chose not to. However, they did establish a CCWG.

The language is not intended to be adversarial. It is intended to be factual to ensure that the Board understands that despite the GAC advice, which was provided some years ago, the ccNSO chose a CCWG rather a PDP as the mechanism to consider country and territory names as TLDs. I personally think this is important and would prefer to leave the language as it is.

Donna