[council] Fwd: Ed Morris and Tatiana Tropina

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Mon Jul 31 17:15:17 UTC 2017

Councilors -

Pleas see note below from Tapani, clarifying the NCSG appointment of a temporary alternate.

Thanks —

J.

Begin forwarded message:

FROM Tapani Tarvainen <ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info>
Subject: Ed Morris and Tatiana Tropina
Date: July 30, 2017 at 11:24:25 CDT
TO James M. Bladel <jbladel at godaddy.com>

Dear James,

As some people have observed, my temporary alternate appointment for
Ed Morris was a bit self-contradictory: when a councillor resigns, a
temporary replacement should be appointed, not a temporary alternate.

So I need to clarify things a bit: I have not received any formal
resignation message from Ed, indeed the only communication from
him regarding this is still what I posted to NCSG EC list earlier:

https://lists.ncsg.is/pipermail/ncsg-ec/2017-July/000143.html

We discussed about that in NCSG EC, whether that should be interpreted
as resignation, and while we actually thought it could, we still need
to figure out how to do it by the book if Ed continues to ignore
requests for clarification.

So, for now Ed's status is formally unchanged and Tatiana should
be his temporary alternate until we sort this out.

Please feel free to forward this to the Council.

Thank you,

--
Tapani Tarvainen

----- Forwarded message from Confirmation Message <no-reply at wufoo.com> -----

GNSO Council Abstention Notification Form
Name of Officer: * Tapani Tarvainen
Officer Email Address: * [1]ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Date Prepared: * Friday, July 28, 2017
GNSO Organization: *
Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group
Officer Position or Title: *
NCSG Chair
Voting Remedy: *
Temporary Alternate
Reason(s) for or condition(s) leading to the remedy: *
Edward Morris has resigned from the council.
Specific subject(s)/measure(s)/motion(s)/action(s) of the Council for
which the remedy is being exercised: *
Any and all.
Date upon which the remedy will expire or terminate:
[Note: may not exceed 3 months initially; may be renewed by sending an
email with explanation to GNSO Secretariat] * Saturday, October 28,
2017
Please identify the individual (cannot be a current GNSO Councilor) who
will serve as the abstaining Councilor's Temporary Alternate.
[Note: if not already published and available, a short bio and
Statement/Disclosure of Interest should be prepared by the Temporary
Alternate and delivered to the GNSO Secretariat in advance of any
discussion or voting scheduled to take place]. * Tatiana Tropina
Temporary Alternate Email Address: * [2]tatiana.tropina at gmail.com