[council] FW: ccNSO position: CCWG on Country and Territory Names

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Mon Jul 31 19:49:55 UTC 2017

Councilors –

Please see note below, from Ben Fuller (ccNSO Liaision).  The link he is referencing is here:  https://ccnso.icann.org/about/council/decisions-resolutions/2017

Thanks—

J.

On 7/26/17, 9:30 , "Ben Fuller" <ben at fuller.na> wrote:

    James,

    The ccNSO Council had the future of the CCWG on Country and Territory
    Names on the agenda for its meeting of 20 July 2017.

    The position adopted by the ccNSO Council is as follows:

    1. Close this CWG in accordance with and as foreseen in the charter.

    2. Recommend that the ICANN community consolidate all policy efforts
    relating to geographic names (as that term has traditionally very
    broadly been defined in the ICANN environment to this point) to enable
    in-depth analyses and discussions on all aspects related to all
    geographic-related names. This is the only way, in our view, to
    determine whether a harmonized framework is truly achievable.

    3. Recommend that future policy development work must facilitate an
    all-inclusive dialogue to ensure that all members of the community have
    the opportunity to participate. Again, we believe that this is the only
    way to determine whether a harmonized framework is truly achievable.

    Best,

    Ben

    --
    Dr Ben Fuller