[council] IRTP next steps - ACTION ITEM

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Fri Apr 6 05:03:34 UTC 2018

Thanks, Heather.

At the moment, the PPSAI IRT is scheduled to go to public comment in late April or early May, which is when it will then begin work on the IRTP-C issue.  As a refresher, the issue referred to the IRT relates to whether the addition/removal of a privacy/proxy service potentially triggers the 60-day inter-registrar transfer lock described in the updated Transfer Policy. The policy recommendations were silent with respect to the addition/removal of privacy/proxy services.  It seems as though staff should wait to deliver its post-implementation status report after the IRT has made recommendations regarding the IRTP-C issue in order for the report to be complete.

Even with a staff report by May 1, as Jennifer Gore suggested in Puerto Rico, given the Council’s desire to make the policy development process more effective and efficient, and given the significantly broad scope of the four parts of the IRTP, it makes sense to at least ascertain whether we can expect a solution to immediate IRTP-C problem before embarking on a review.  The IRTP review is important.  But it needs to be well thought out in order to avoid some of the pitfalls we’ve seen recently with PDPs/review.

Thanks,

Darcy