[council] GNSO Council Action Item - WHOIS conflicts

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 09:26:08 UTC 2018

Dear Council colleagues,

In reviewing the Action Items at the start of our May Council meeting the
outstanding action item on the "Drafting Team on charter related to the
next steps for the ICANN Procedure of Handling Whois conflicts with
Privacy" was noted:

   - *ICANN Staff* to circulate a call for volunteers on or after 1 June
   2018 to the GNSO Stakeholder Groups, with the request for each Stakeholder
   Group to appoint up to 3 members to the Implementation Advisory Group
   (IAG). The call for volunteers should also be more widely circulated to
   seek volunteers to serve as participants and observers to the IAG.

We said we'd come back to this one on the list in light of the ongoing
temporary specification next steps discussions.

Would it be preferable to delay this call for volunteers until after we
have progressed the next steps discussions further? Your thoughts much
appreciated!

Heather