[council] Proposed GNSO Council comment on the draft FY20 IANA/PTI Budget

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Mon Nov 12 12:00:29 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Please find attached a proposed revision to the Council's comment on the FY20 IANA/PTI Budget.

We should change this sentence:

The GNSO Council notes that its current priorities and policy development activities do not appear to intersect directly with the operations of the IANA Functions by PTI.

To read:

The GNSO Council notes that one of our current policy development activities does potentially intersect with the operations of the IANA Functions by PTI. The New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process Working Group is currently developing Policy that may ultimately instruct IANA to place new TLDs into the root. However, it is not anticipated that delegation would occur in FY20.

If there are any concerns with the attached comment being submitted today, can you please advise so on the mailing list by 18:00 UTC today. Thank you.

Best wishes,
Ayden Férdeline