[council] PDP Leadership Travel Support Pilot report - any objections

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Wed Sep 5 21:45:23 UTC 2018

Echoing all of the earlier comments, I too support this ABR — it is a pity it does not cover a delegate’s travel for the entirety of an ICANN meeting and just covers three days, as the people being supported through this program have a need, I would think, to be present for the entire duration of an ICANN meeting.

Secondly, I think our current metrics are a little weak. They are fine for now, but we might want to think about beefing them up. Measuring the ROI of travel funding to a volunteer contributor is not a new concept; perhaps we could look at how the Ford Foundation or another organisation with a large travel budget does their evaluations and benchmark our more modest support against their criteria. I say this in part because I think we’d score really well.

Finally, do we know who is on the “ABR Evaluation Team”? It might be worthwhile to see if we can coordinate a meeting with them (if that is possible) so we can understand how helpful/useful they found our metrics, or whether they have any feedback on what they would like to see us reporting back.

Ayden