[council] Important Preparation for GNSO Council SPS

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Fri Jan 18 16:20:02 UTC 2019

Dear All,

Please note that some updates have been made to the agenda. An updated version has been posted on the google drive (see https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0AFh-rKMVmPhlUk9PVA?ths=true). Similarly, some additional documents have been added to the google drive to facilitate your preparations for day 2 and 3 – these have been marked with ‘NEW’. Hereunder, you also find some information in relation to logistics and catering.

Best regards,

Marika

================

On arrival Tuesday 21 January 2019:
Upon checking in at the Doubletree, please ensure you are provided with an envelope with your breakfast coupons. These will need to be handed in every day at breakfast.
A table has been booked at the Doubletree bar from 18:30 to allow for a relaxing time after travelling. You may bill your drinks directly to your room if desired.

Day 1 Wednesday 22 January 2019
Breakfast is served in the lobby from 06:30 – 10:30 am
The office is 15 mins walk from the Doubletree, please aim to arrive between 08:00 and 08:20 for a session start at 08:30. Visitor badges will be available for some members, but not all, so please imessage or skype Nathalie or Steve and we will come down and let you in. Security on the ground floor will have a list with your names.

  *   Coffee will be served from 10:30 – 11:00
  *   Lunch will be served from 12:30 – 13:30
  *   The Meet and Greet with ICANN staff will take place in the cafeteria from 16:30 – 18:00
Wednesday evening is a free evening, a table will be available at the Doubletree bar for those who wish to unwind after a busy day. A list of nearby restaurants is available in the LA Guide 2019, in the SPS Google folder.

Day 2 Thursday 23 January 2019
Breakfast is served in the lobby from 06:30 – 10:30 am
Please aim to arrive at the office between 08:30 and 08:50 for a session start at 09:00.

  *   Coffee will be served from 10:30 – 11:00
  *   Lunch will be served from 13:00 – 14:00
  *   There will be coffee and tea available during the GNSO Council meeting (14:00 – 16:00) served from 15:00 onwards.
Session will end at 18:00 UTC, and we will leave directly from the office to go to LA Foodworks, for a Council Development evening of cooking and (hopefully) dining on refined and delicate dishes. Transport has been organized from the office, there is no need to make your own way there. Travel time should be about 40 – 15 mins there, but much quicker on the way back.

Day 3 Friday 24 January 2019
Breakfast is served in the lobby from 06:30 – 10:30 am
Please aim to arrive at the office between 08:30 and 08:50 for a session start at 09:00.

  *   Coffee will be served from 11:00 – 11:15
  *   Lunch will be served from 12:00 – 13:30 (with ICANN Board)
Session will end at 16:00