[council] Draft GNSO Council Letter to ICANN Board on EPDP Phase 1 Recommendations

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Wed Jul 17 09:49:17 UTC 2019

Hi all,

In preparation for our Council meeting this week, please review the attached draft letter to the ICANN Board concerning next steps on the two EPDP Phase 1 recommendations not accepted in full by the Board.

As you will recall, we had a good conversation with the ICANN Board during our working session lunch, and we committed to following up on the issue. The draft letter is self-explanatory, and our goal is to ensure a common understanding between Council and Board before we take our formal action to request Board reconsideration on Recommendation 12. We want to avoid an ongoing back-and-forth on the issue, so our hope is this letter will pave the way to a clear resolution.

Please review before our Council meeting.

Thanks to Rafik and Pam for leading this work while I was on PTO.

Best,

Keith