[council] GNSO Council Review of ICANN 65 GAC Communique

McGrady, Paul D. PMcGrady at taftlaw.com
Wed Jul 17 15:01:47 UTC 2019

Thanks Keith.  Thanks Julf.

I don’t think that this should be the final version.  Julf’s suggestion to refer back to the Abu Dhabi doesn’t make sense to me since events have overtaken that.  I think, instead, that we should address the actual GAC advice, namely, a request that the Board write to the GAC and explain why the Board believes it has complied with GAC advice in relationship to this decision.  Let’s focus on that and delete the language proposed by Julf and replace it with:

“As this Advice from the GAC is merely a request for the Board to explain its actions, the GNSO Council sees little harm in the Board doing so.”

Julf, any objection to Keith doing this?

Best,
Paul

This message may contain information that is attorney-client privileged, attorney work product or otherwise confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, use and disclosure of this message are prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.