[council] Update from EPDP team & Questions

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Fri May 24 01:18:19 UTC 2019

Hi all

Here some brief update from the EPDP team. The team spent the last calls
(90min call per week) since Janis started his role as chair early this
month to discuss the approach to be followed for phase 2,  including also
the review the legal questions and the tools the team will use for
deliberation. I attached the slides presented in last call to explain the
approach ,includes a rough high level timeline and next steps till
Marrakech meeting. Please let me know if you want more details.

I also got request for clarification in the last call. As expected, there
was interest within EPDP team with regard to board resolution on EPDP phase
final report and policy recommendations. The EPDP team is seeking
clarification from the GNSO Council regarding the Bylaw-triggered
consultation process following the non-adoption by Board of parts of GNSO
Council approved recommendations. I understand that council can
realistically respond to this after our extraordinary meeting on board
resolution next week.

Best,

Rafik