[council] PDP 3.0 Package 4: Proposed Documents for Improvements 9 & 15
ariel.liang at icann.org
Thu Nov 21 22:27:40 UTC 2019
Dear GNSO Councilors,
On behalf of the PDP 3.0 Small Team, staff would like to inform you that the Small Team has completed proposed documents for implementing twelve (12) out of fourteen (14) PDP 3.0 improvements so far. Previously, the Small Team sent to the GNSO Council proposed implementation documents for:
· Improvements #1, #2, #3 & #6 on 22 August<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2019-August/022965.html>;
· Improvements #11, #12, #14, and #16 on 25 September<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2019-September/023075.html>;
· Improvements #5 & #13 on 22 October<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2019-October/023185.html>.
The Small Team is now sending the proposed implementation documents for improvements #9 & #15. They are packaged together as they are concerned with consensus building and conflict resolution within GNSO working groups. #4 and #17 are the two improvements remaining in the pipeline.
The Small Team invites the GNSO Council to review these documents and welcomes your questions and feedback. All delivered PDP 3.0 implementation documents can be found here: https://community.icann.org/x/v4rkBg
Improvements #9 (Provide further guidance for section 3.6 and clarification of section 3.7 of the GNSO working group guidelines)
· A guideline document that suggests detailed improvements to the complaint process within a GNSO working group, as well as proposed revisions to Section 3.7 of the GNSO Working Group Guidelines: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pIHFupCdXoH3BSgRfu6KbzUm2jt1AQ-_MEk0JeMGU-I/edit?usp=sharing
· A briefing document that explains the concept of “consensus” and references experience with consensus building in the Internet Engineering Taskforce (IETF): https://drive.google.com/a/icann.org/file/d/1o8732tPyRh6PnER76VlT984HCLfovnEF/view?usp=sharing – NOTE: Since this document will be absorbed by the consensus playbook to be developed under Improvement #4, it does not require further deliberation by the GNSO Council at this time.
Improvement #15 (Independent Conflict Resolution)
· A reference guide to existing conflict resolution resources available to the ICANN community: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yq__EGRYmicTGEOoZPqh6FdsXWNzFblqWwZkXhPbx7k/edit?usp=sharing
Ariel Xinyue Liang
GNSO Policy Support Specialist
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council