[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 21 May 2020

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed May 27 10:42:42 UTC 2020

Dear Councilors,

Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Thursday 21 May 2020.
Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council meeting and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.

Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.

Please note that actions for all councilors are highlighted below.

Item 1: Administrative Matters (10 mins)

Item 2: Opening Remarks / Review of Projects & Action List (10 minutes)

Item 3: Consent Agenda (10 minutes)

  *   Approval of the PTI SLA for the ccTLD Creation and Transfer Process<https://gnso.icann.org/en/correspondence/service-levels-cctld-creation-transfer-process-change-analysis-09jan20-en.pdf>
  *   Reappointment of Matthew Shears to seat 14 on the ICANN Board. The NCPH has reappointed Matthew Shears for Seat 14 on the ICANN Board of Directors. This agenda item is intended to acknowledge the selection and confirm that the notification process as outlined in Section 7.25 of the ICANN Bylaws has been completed.

Action Item:

  *   On behalf of the GNSO Council, Staff to inform the CSC regarding the GNSO Council approval of the PTI SLA for the ccTLD Creation and Transfer Process;
  *   On behalf of the GNSO Council, Staff to inform the Board/Board Support regarding the GNSO Council approval of the appointment of Matthew Shears to seat 14 on the ICANN Board.

Item 4: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – GNSO Work Prioritization - 2020 Work Plan (30 minutes)

Action Item:

  *   Staff (Berry & Steve) to update the project list by adding projects such as the Specific Reviews and identifying relevant parties that are primarily responsible for that work.
  *   Council leadership and staff to provide a more detailed, actionable GNSO work prioritization plan and present the update during the June Council meeting.
  *   Keith to circulate the WS2 Implementation Assessment Report<https://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/Public+Documents?preview=/120819602/120819621/WS2%20Implementation%20Assessment%20Report_5Nov2019.pdf> to the GNSO Council to kick off the discussion about CCWG-Accountability WS2 next steps.
  *   GNSO Council leadership to raise the “CCWG-Accountability WS2 next steps” topic during the next SO/AC leadership meeting and propose the idea of developing a joint letter to seek further communications from ICANN org regarding the progress.
  *   GNSO Council leadership, in collaboration with interested volunteers (e.g.,  James Gannon, Philippe Fouquart, and Tom Dale), to tee up the Council discussion of the CCWG-Accountability Workstream 2 topic for a future Council meeting.

Item 5: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Draft Response to the Board Letter on Implementation Concerns for EPDP Phase 1 Recommendation 7, related to Thick WHOIS Transition Policy (20 minutes)

Action Item:

  *   GNSO Council leadership to instruct the Council Liaison to the IRT to engage with the IRT in order to understand the nature of the impasse regarding Phase 1 Recommendation 7, if it exists, and the next steps to address such impasse
  *   GNSO Councilors to review the draft letter and provide feedback on Council list by Thursday, 28 May COB; Pam to propose appropriate revision to the letter to reflect the GNSO Council liaison’s engagement with the IRT.
  *   GNSO Council leadership to review the draft documents related to Registry Directory Service Review Team Recommendations and WHOIS Procedure Implementation Advisory Group (WPIAG) that Staff (Caitlin) developed and consider circulation on the Council list.
  *   GNSO Council leadership and staff to schedule a future prep call to discuss the RDS program management issues.

Item 6: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Expedited PDP (EPDP) on the Temporary Specification Phase 2 Update (20 minutes)

Action Item:

  *   Staff to work with Rafik to develop a framework document to identify a list of topics (e.g., accuracy, legal vs. natural, and other remainder items from the EPDP) and outline the next steps for the EPDP for the GNSO Council to consider; GNSO Council leadership to circulate the framework document prior to the June Council meeting; Rafik to inform Janis about the upcoming framework document.
  *   Keith to develop a draft GNSO Council response to the SSAC letter<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/sac-111-en.pdf>, correcting any inaccuracies.
  *   Staff (Berry) to develop a PCR for the EPDP to be reviewed/discussed during the June Council meeting.

Item 7: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Anticipated Outcome on DNS Abuse (15 minutes)

  *   GNSO Council to reach out to the ccNSO, at an appropriate time, to discuss potential next steps to address DNS abuse issues.

Item 8: ANY OTHER BUSINESS (5 minutes)

Action Item:

  *   GNSO Council leadership to review the documents wiki page and consider which items need to be kept: https://community.icann.org/x/zIAzBw
  *   Keith to remind the GNSO Councilors about the mandatory attendance in the Pre ICANN68 GNSO Policy Briefing Webinar.

Thank you!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20200527/39ddae3b/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the council mailing list