[council] Board Liaisons to the Closed Generics Facilitated Dialogue

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Mon Dec 19 11:20:55 UTC 2022

Dear Councilors,

We are pleased to inform you that the Board has selected Patricio Poblete and Alan Barrett (alternate) to serve as the Board’s liaisons to the Closed Generics Facilitated Dialogue. We understand that Patricio’s and Alan’s role in the group will follow the Guidelines for Board Liaisons to Community Groups that the Board adopted last year and that you can read here: https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/board-liaison-guidelines-31may21-en.pdf.

We anticipate that Patricio or Alan will join the calls starting in January 2023, and that one or both of them will likely attend the planned 26-27 January meeting in Washington DC.

For additional background on the development of the Board’s Guidelines for its liaisons to community groups, please refer to this blog post by then Board Chair Maarten Botterman:  https://www.icann.org/en/blogs/details/strengthening-collaboration-a-framework-for-board-liaisons-to-community-groups-6-7-2021-en.

Thank you.

Emily Barabas
Policy Development Support Senior Manager
Phone: +31 (0)6 84507976
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org/>