[council] Council Small Team - SubPro ODA

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Thu Dec 22 22:01:56 UTC 2022

Dear Councilors,

During the 15 December 2022 Council meeting, you all agreed to initiate a small team<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/2022-2023+GNSO+Council+Active+Small+Teams> to review the SubPro ODA<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/subpro-oda-12dec22-en.pdf>. From the Council meeting, we have Jeff Neuman, Anne Aikman-Scalese, Thomas Rickert, and Susan Payne as volunteers for this effort. If any other Councilors (or liaisons) would like to join the small team, please let us know at gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>. We are still in the process of identifying a workable time for this small team to meet.

Staff, in consultation with leadership, took the liberty of putting together a draft assignment form<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/215288194/Small%20Team%20Assignment%20-%20SubPro%20ODA%20Review.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1671745270377&api=v2> to help guide the work of the small team. While the development of an assignment form is now usual practice for small teams, it is particularly important in this case. Given the short period of time to be able to review the lengthy ODA, have the small team agree on draft input to ICANN Board, allow time for that draft input to be communicated to the Council, and finally deliver it to the Board by ~19 January, the task needs to be as tightly scoped as possible. You will see that the assignment form suggests that Councilors should read the ODA by early January and provides 4 suggested areas for focus when reviewing the ODA (note, these 4 areas of focus are inspired by the SSAD ODA review process). The assignment form also includes a Google doc (and attached as Word for Anne) to help collect any areas of input based on the 4 areas of focus.

Please let us know if you have questions but otherwise, happy reviewing.

And more importantly, happy holidays!

Best,
Steve

Steven Chan

Senior Director, Policy Development Support & GNSO Relations

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Email: steve.chan at icann.org<mailto:steve.chan at icann.org>
Skype: steve.chan55
Mobile: +1.310.339.4410

Find out more about the GNSO by visiting: https://learn.icann.org/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__learn.icann.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=o7Auz997kA-HPv9PHJCjFVZw7Pgo8krw4MxfqCwBrIU&e=>
Follow @GNSO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_GNSO<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANN-5FGNSO&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=kWw4fQPNjw2lVKy1UjTxS2F0BmjEAzaDFWNmsYywbmE&e=>
Transcripts and recordings of GNSO Working Group and Council events are located on the GNSO Master Calendar <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=-L6chFfv0OperrXHHpTF722WnH3FZIutn4cS16IvpOg&e=>