[council] EPDP Ph2 SSAD ODP and next steps

philippe.fouquart at orange.com philippe.fouquart at orange.com
Tue Jan 4 19:12:58 UTC 2022

Dear Councilors,
Dear EPDP Phase 2 members,
Dear SG/C Chairs,

I trust this finds you all well.

Following the informal SSAD ODP update on 20 December, in which representatives from the ICANN Board GDPR Caucus, ICANN org, the GNSO Council and GNSO appointed members of the EPDP Phase 2 team participated, Council leadership has worked with the staff support team on the attached paper which aims to provide a high level outline of the different ideas and suggestions that were made during that meeting. This is intended to serve as a basis for further discussions within the GNSO community for how to prepare for next steps in the consultation with the ICANN Board, which is in the process of being scheduled.

To continue our conversation, obtain further input on possible next steps and assess whether there is possible convergence concerning next steps, we would like to schedule another call for the Council and GNSO appointed members of the EPDP Phase 2 on Wednesday 12 January at 6.00 UTC (a calendar invite will follow shortly). Of course, if there are any ideas or suggestions that have not been captured in the paper, or any new ones that have come to mind since our last meeting, please feel free to share these by replying all to this email.

And Best Wishes for the New Year.
Regards,
Philippe