[council] Regarding GAC liaison position

desiree-me desiree-me at protonmail.com
Sat Jul 30 08:00:30 UTC 2022

Manju

Thanks for the follow up and putting things in the perspective again. We didn't have much time to discuss this issue last time as it was in the AOB part of the call.

As I said on the GNSO call, I support your views that from the governance point of view.
It is important to review the term limits for the GNSO GAC liaison seat.

I recall that the previous GAC GNSO liaison term was five years in total and it must have been extended because of the great job that the person did.
The candidate can be doing a great job and her/his term can be extended, but it would be healthy to review and agree on those terms and any other possible considerations and circumstances we ought to take into consideration,

I'd certainly like to discuss this more with fellow Council members and find a good working governance framework.

Desiree