[council] Action Items - GNSO Council meeting | 17 November 2022
nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Mon Nov 21 21:16:36 UTC 2022
Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Thursday 17 November 2022. Please refer to the Action Item page<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items> for updates on item completion progress.
Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council meeting and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.
Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.
Please note that actions for all councilors are highlighted below.
Item 3: Consent Agenda
Acknowledgment of John McElwaine to serve as Council liaison to the Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Implementation Review Team (IRT)
Action Items: Staff on behalf of Council leadership to communicate to GDS staff the GNSO Council’s acknowledgment of John McElwaine to serve as Council liaison to the Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Implementation Review Team (IRT).
Acknowledgment of the Expedited PDP on Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) Project Change Request (PCR)
Action Items: Policy support staff to update the IDNs-EPDP Team’s project plan, timeline, and other materials according to the Project Change Request (PCR), and post them on the EPDP wiki project space.
Item 4: COUNCIL VOTE - Whois Disclosure System Next Steps
1. The GNSO Secretariat transmits the EPDP Phase 2 small team findings and recommendations as outlined in the addendum to the ICANN Board.
2. On behalf of the GNSO Council the GNSO Secretariat thanks the EPDP Phase 2 small team for its work and requests it to remain available to continue work on this topic as part of the next steps in this process which aims to inform the further consideration of the SSAD recommendations by the ICANN Board.
Item 5: COUNCIL VOTE - Registration Data Accuracy Scoping Team - Adoption of Recommendation #3
1. Council leadership will reach out informally to Scoping Team members to better understand the issues encountered to help inform the Council’s review of the formation and instructions.
2. Council leadership to send a communication to ICANN org in relation to the GNSO Council’s adoption of recommendation #3 (as well as Contracted Parties in relation to the DPA) as well as communicate the Council’s decision to non-GNSO groups participating in this effort (ALAC, GAC and SSAC) as well as the Scoping Team.
3. The GNSO Secretariat, on behalf of the GNSO Council, thanks Michael Palage, outgoing Chair, and Olga Cavalli, outgoing Council liaison, for their efforts.
4. As part of its review of the formation and instructions to the Scoping Team, the Council will consider next steps for finding new leadership for this effort.
5. Include a placeholder on the meeting agenda for May or June 2023.
Item 6: COUNCIL VOTE - DNS Abuse Small Team Report
1. The GNSO Secretariat, on behalf of the GNSO Council, thanks the DNS Abuse small team for its efforts, as well as the community groups that contributed to it.
2. Leadership of the small team to work with Council leadership on developing the respective communications as foreseen under recommendations #2, #3 and #4 in the report
Item 7: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) Review Next Steps
Action Items: Staff to request from ICANN GDS staff an estimate as to the duration of the RPMs Phase 1 implementation. Once that is received John McElwaine to send to the Council list the options – deferral for either for 18 months or until the IRT is complete.
Item 8: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Expired Domain Deletion Policy and the Expired Registration Recovery Policy Next Steps
Action Items: Council leadership to form a small team to review information provided by ICANN Compliance in view of deciding next steps which could include 1) concluding that no acute issues are present and no Policy Status Report is needed, and that the two policies will be added to the “end” of the pipeline for consideration at a future date, or 2) concluding that there is reason enough to request a PSR to obtain further information on the basis of which the Council can decide whether additional work in the form of policy development or implementation guidance is necessary.
Item 9: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Council Committee for Overseeing and Implementing Continuous Improvements (CCOICI) - Work Stream 2 (WS2)
Action Items: Council members to review WS2 recommendations report and come prepared to consider the report for adoption during the December meeting.
Item 11: ANY OTHER BUSINESS
11.1 – New CCOICI Chair
Action Items: Staff will produce a motion on behalf of the GNSO Council leadership to acknowledge Manju Chen as CCOICI Chair for the consent agenda of the December 2022 Council meeting.
11.3 - GNSO Nominated Fellowship Program Mentor and Fellowship Selection Committee Member
Action Items: Staff on behalf of the GNSO Council leadership to circulate to the Stakeholder Group and Constituency Chairs a call for an expression of interest for the GNSO Nominated Fellowship Program Mentor and Fellowship Selection Committee Member.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council