[council] Update on Closed Generics

Mark Datysgeld mark at governanceprimer.com
Tue Aug 22 18:03:13 UTC 2023

Can we agree on the sentiment that we /should/ send some form of
instruction? This directly relates to policy development and will
ultimately come back to the GNSO Council, so we should adopt a position,
even if it is a soft one.

If I had to estimate, and this is personal conjecture, I would say that
we lean towards this not being a dependency. Perhaps it is a question
that should call for an expression of disagreement in case any
representative feels strongly against this. Otherwise, we proceed with
recommending it is not a dependency.

Best,