[council] Draft minutes of the Minutes of the GNSO Council Meeting 24 August 2023

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 22:54:47 UTC 2023

Hi Devan,

Thanks for this. I have only 2 comments:-

1. At page 4:

> Justine Chew, ALAC Liaison, shared that she has no problems with Preamble
> 6 and suggested using the tree hyperlinks to show the three different
> versions of the motion document.

I know I said "Preamble 6" clause that's what I call it, but it now appears
to me that, "Whereas Clause 6" would be a more recognizable phrase.
Further, I believe some clarity would be useful in referring to "the motion
document".

So, my proposed amendments would be:
*Justine Chew, ALAC Liaison*, shared that she has no problems with
Preamble Whereas
Clause 6 and suggested using the three hyperlinks in Whereas Clause 7,
Whereas Clause 8 and Resolved Clause 1 in the motion to show reflect the
three different versions of the Clarifying Statement, from draft, amended
redline, to final, motion document in order to address.*Jeffrey Neuman,
GNSO Liaison to the GAC*'s point about needing to preserve the history of
this topic.

2. At page 8

> *Susan Payne, IPC*, explained that it might exclude willing participants
> to make participation in SubPro Working Group a requirement, and explained
> that it is a requirement to read all of the SubPro documentation including
> the Initial Report and Final Report. Susan Payne, IPC, also suggested
> inviting constituencies or stakeholder groups to suggest someone join the
> small team instead of their councilor.

I think the word "previous" is missing from the first line; perhaps it
should be "....make previous participation in SubPro Working Group ...."? I
will, however, happily defer to Susan on this.

Thanks,
Justine