[council] Fwd: Message from Tripti Sinha to Former CCWG-AP Members

Paul McGrady paul at elstermcgrady.com
Fri Jul 21 20:18:43 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I have reservations about this.  While a narrowly tailored amendment to the Bylaws would have resulted in a carve out of the Accountability Mechanisms related solely to the grant program which would not be easily replicated for other programs and issues, instructing Staff to do this in a contract sets a very worrying precedent and opens the door for other future instances where Staff could be instructed to use contracts and/or the renewals of contracts to carve out the accountability mechanisms, making them a de facto nullity and undoing the work of the Accountability CCWG.

I think the Council should ask the Board to hold on this and engage in a community dialogue prior to taking further action.

Best,
Paul