[council] Action Items - GNSO Council meeting 14 June 2023

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Mon Jun 26 21:03:07 UTC 2023

Dear Councilors,

Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Wednesday, 14 June 2023. Please refer to the Action Item page<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items> for updates on item completion progress.

Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council meeting and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.
Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.

Please note that actions for all councilors are highlighted below.

GNSO Council Meeting, 14 June 2023.

Item 4: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Non-Objection of SubPro Timelines

Action Items:

  1.  Staff to work with Susan Payne to amend the timelines to remove those steps not attributed to the GNSO Council.
  2.  Support staff on behalf of Sebastien Ducos, GNSO Chair, to submit the SubPro Timelines to the ICANN Board.  See also: https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2023/correspondence/sebastien-ducos-to-tripti-sinha-15jun23-en.pdf
38 Outstanding Recommendations:

Clarifying Statements:
Action Items:

  *   Small Team to decide how to undertake the work on recommendations likely subject to non-adoption.
  *   Existing work of the Small Team: provision of clarifying information & identification of landing spot can be leveraged to draft Clarifying Statement.
  *   Staff support team to aggregate and organize clarifying Council statements and include the provision of clarifying information in an Annex.
  *   Small team to review clarifying statements and submit to the GNSO Council for adoption.

Board Non-Adoption:
Action Items:

  1.  Staff to address with Council during the July meeting the background for those recommendations that are expected not to be adopted by the Board; in addition, staff to point Councilors to existing materials.
  2.  Small team to consider Board concerns and provide guidance to Council on possible modifications / supplemental recommendations

Further Dialog Needed:
Action Items:

  *   Council to monitor ICANN Board - GAC discussions and determine next steps, if/when appropriate.
  *   Board liaisons to take Council feedback on 18.1, 18.3, 32.1, 32.2, 32.10 back to the ICANN Board and provide feedback to Council if there is willingness to change this to the clarifying statement bucket.

Closed Generics:
Action Items: Staff support team to work with Council leadership on developing proposed next steps, including development of a draft charter based on the current version of the framework that could serve as a starting point for a charter drafting team.

Action Items: Council leadership to reach out to IDN EPDP leadership to see if/how Council can provide further support to the team to deliver its Final Report.

Action Items:

  1.  Council leadership to send 'thank you' notes to those that responded to the request for input on bulk registrations and share with them the small team findings document.
  2.  Leadership to further explore the possibility for CPH to open up regular CPH DNS Abuse calls to the broader community to discuss DNS Abuse topics.

Item 6: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Consideration of Accuracy Scoping Team recommendations in light of 6 month timeline originally established (factoring in April meeting discussion and input received from ICANN org) (10 minutes)
Action Items: 1.

  1.  Leadership to put forward a motion to extend consideration of Registration Data Accuracy Scoping Team recommendations by another 6 months.
  2.  Thomas Rickert to put forward his AOB suggestion from the 5 June meeting on the mailing list for further consideration by Council.

Item 7: GNSO TOWN HALL (30 minutes)
Action Items: GNSO Council leadership to ask ICANN Org to offer information on how they provide incentives to community members to volunteer; staff to add to the July agenda for discussion.

Item 8: ANY OTHER BUSINESS (15 minutes)
8.1 ccNSO & GAC Liaison updates (Desiree, ccNSO liaison to the GNSO Council; Jeff Neuman, GAC liaison to the GNSO Council)
Action Items: Staff to ask the liaisons if they could provide updates to the list and/or during the July meeting.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20230626/52d8b906/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the council mailing list