[council] FW: Comments on Board SubPro Scorecard

Paul McGrady paul at elstermcgrady.com
Wed Mar 8 14:25:03 UTC 2023

Hi Anne,

While I am not keen on kicking off a bylaws update, I do agree with you that much of the 38 items are “grounded in risk management principles.”  If PICs haven’t brought the Internet to a grinding halt, the fear that RVCs might seems oddly taken.  I think instead of jumping immediately to a bylaws process or reforming the WG as steps one, we may just want to have frank discussion with the interested Board members about balancing the risk of a sudden sea change in the PICs/RVCs landscape vs. the very real risk to ICANN of irrelevancy if it doesn’t get “product back on the shelves” by opening this next application process.

I look forward to speaking with you and the others on the Refreshed Small Team (the “RST”™) in Cancun.

Best,
Paul