[council] SubPro Small Team

Sebastien at registry.godaddy Sebastien at registry.godaddy
Mon Mar 13 22:59:40 UTC 2023

Dear Council Colleagues,

I wanted to use some time tomorrow during our Informal Council Session to advance our conversation on the SubPro small team.
Following the few discussions we had with the Board on what they are looking for, following the discussion we had a week ago prior to getting to Cancun on the very idea of a small team, but also following 3 days of intense discussions on the SubPro topic I wanted to propose a few principle:

  1.  We, the GNSO Council, are asked by the Board to review a number of topics. The responses we will return will be GNSO Council responses. The small team should be tasked with formulating GNSO Council responses.
  2.  We want to be able to move fast, but given the importance of the topic of SubPro to the entire Community, we want to be diligent, thoughtful and transparent.
  3.  There is a strong interest from other SOACs to participate in these discussions and to have a voice. It is legitimate and I think we need to be able to hear those.
  4.  The small team that is gathered should, by definition, remain small, and I think focussed on Councillors.
  5.  We have identified that given the technicity of a large number of topics at hand, the small team should be able to consult with Subject Matter Experts from within the Council and beyond.
  6.  The small team will need to integrate with its peers on the Board and from ICANN Org.

We should have about 20-30 minutes on this during our discussions tomorrow. I would like to be able to come from it with a clear view of what this small team may be, to engage our counterparts and start working as early as possible.

Kindly,

Sebastien Ducos
GoDaddy Registry | Senior Client Services Manager
[signature_3228593622]
+33612284445
France & Australia
sebastien at registry.godaddy<mailto:sebastien at registry.godaddy>