[council] Note to Tripti and Sally

Thomas Rickert | rickert.law thomas at rickert.law
Sun Mar 19 17:39:35 UTC 2023

Dear colleagues,
It was good to see most of you in person and I hope you had safe trips back home.

As discussed during the wrap-up session, here comes my suggestion for a little note to be sent by our leadership to Tripti and Sally.

Please chime in before the end of next Monday with any comments or suggestions you might have as I think we should send it soon after the end of ICANN76.

All the best,
Thomas

Dear Tripti, dear Sally,
when the GNSO Council met for its wrap-up session at the end of ICANN76, progress made during the recent weeks at ICANN was discussed. Councillors agreed, not least based on what they heard during sessions while being in Cancun, that there seems to be a noticable change, maybe even a cultural change, towards „getting things done“.

With this note, we would like to express

  *   the Council‘s support for this spirit of pragmatism and delivery whilst being appropriately diligent,
  *   thank you and your Board and Org colleagues and
  *   encourage you to continue with this approach.

Kind regards,
Sebastien Ducos