[council] Update from the SubPro Small Team in Advance of ICANN 78

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Sat Oct 21 08:10:29 UTC 2023

For clarity, this is what the assignment form includes:

“In addition, each GNSO Stakeholder Group and Constituency may put forward one subject matter expert (SME) plus alternate to help inform assignment #7. It is understood that depending on the subject matter under discussion, the SME may change. The same arrangement will apply for Advisory Committees that have expressed an interest to participate in the deliberations in relation to assignment #6 (e.g. GAC topic leads). As such, the small team is expected to plan with sufficient advance notice when certain subjects are expected to be addressed so that the GNSO Secretariat can be informed accordingly should there be changes to the SME. At a minimum, SMEs are expected to be familiar, or familiarize themselves, with the SubPro Initial Report and Final Report sections on these specific topics as well as small team deliberations to date.”

It will be up to the GNSO SG/C / AC to identify who they consider meeting these criteria, it is not for the small team or Council to vet whether or not that is the case.

I hope that addresses any concerns.

Best regards,

Marika