[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] ALAC Statement regarding EPDP

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Thu Aug 2 14:37:51 UTC 2018

Jonathan / Alan

Thanks for the clarifications.

3 - I don't know how you can know what the interests of a user are. The assumption you seem to be making is that due process and privacy should take a backseat to access to data
4 - Same as 3. Plenty of ccTLDs never offered PII in their public whois and there weren't any issues with security or stability.

Skipping due process for "ease of access" is a very slippery and dangerous slope.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon